Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Cadillac, Out.

If you asked me six months ago if I'd be posting something like this I'd probably say "hell no". Yet here I am.

FTG started just as a little something to do between studies and jolling, seven years later and the band has done things we never thought we would. It's been fucking rad!

Sadly it is my time to tap out. Life kind of took a turn and I decided to try a new path and have moved down to Cape Town.
It was quick but tough decision, not only band wise but life wise. FTG has been a huge part of my life for the past seven years. I've put so much time and effort into the band since the start, ordinary life was just something I did between band time. It really was like an infant child to me. Only a shitload heavier. It's tough to have to make such a choice but I feel that for me, it was best.


I can't thank my charnas from other vaginas enough for the good times, the tours, the shows, the chunders, the arguments, the laughs, the blunts, the beers and the lessons. Bryan,Ray, Chase, Vic and Nem, you my boys!

I'll me playing my last to shows with Facing the Gallows in Potch on the 26th of September and at Krank'dUp in the 27th.
Krank'dUp is a very special show for me. Unearth is the band that really planted the metal bug in me, I've looked up to that band since the moment I discovered them. So to finish my stint in FTG playing at the same show as them just closes the loop for me. So I hope to see you all there.


To the friends I've made over the years and the great people I've met, thank you so much. Thanks for your support, your encouragement and for just being the amazing people you all are. With out you guys bands like this would simply not exist. We'd never have left our bedrooms to play on stages around the country for you. Please don't let the fire die! I'm sure I'll see some of you soon.

This won't be the last you hear from me. I've already started with something down in Cape Town, so I'll be back soon. I can't continue living a normal life without any sort of musical outlet.

So until next time, stay cool. 

See you at the bar.

B===D


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a dope message...